2015 Duel Tournament Rules
Turn timer = 1 day
Small Map with Surface and Underground on Continents
Normal Game flow speed
Start town: Settler
Starting units: Medium
Starting distance: Far
Roaming units: Average
Ressource structures: Average
Visit structure: Average
Treasure structures: Average
Water Slider at 25%
Undiggable walls and Diggable Wall Sliders down to 15-20 %
All other sliders left untouched at standard 50 %
Each Player is given a team number (two different teams, one for each competitor)
Seal Victory: off
Unifier Victory: at 2 Beacons
Game speed: Normal
Starting Resource: Standard
Starting Skills: Normal
All Heroes Have Resurgence: Never
Defenders Strength: Strong
Cosmic Events: Medium
Maximum Number of Heroes: 2 (1 Leader + 2 heroes)
Maximum Heroes Level: 30
Map Exploration: On
City Founding: On
Random heroes match player race: Off
Empire Quests: On
Submit for tournament:
Account on http://www.the-battlefield.com
Press Join-Event Button
Double-Elimination Tree ==>
- One round cannot exceed 2 months. If neither of the two player won 2 months after the start of the round, then one should surrender and take a screenshot of the score and provide it to the judges. The player with the highest score then wins the match. If scores are very close, the judges can decide that it is a draw and ask the players to replay the game with a shorter (for instance 1 month) deadline.
- Players can arrange whatever settings (e.g. no dwellings) they choose, but in the absence of consensus, the settings described in the "In-Game settings" above are to be considered the default. The host must take screenshots of the settings and post them publicly (so that his opponent and the judges can access them) before the match starts.
- If one player temporarily cannot play his turns in 24 hours (e.g. because of holidays, or personal issues), and warn the host reasonably in advance, then the host should temporarily change the turn timer to accommodate him.
- In the event of a crash (from your PC or from AoW), reload are allowed BUT the player who crashed needs to take appropriate screenshots or pictures (with a mobile phone for instance) and sends them to the judges. Reloads should be counted by both players and reported to the judges. If no proof of a justified crash or in case of repeated reloading (during one match or during the tournament as a whole), the judges have full power to disqualify the player.
- You cannot play the same class, or race twice in a row. You must let the Judges by private message in the Battlefield website BEFORE the match, but not your opponent, know what class and race you will play for your upcoming match. For example, if you play Human Theocrat, for your next match, you cannot be either Human or Theocrat.
- Banter and taunting is allowed, rudeness, swearing and racial (or other prejudicial) language is not. Repeatedly trolling will lead to forfeiting the match.
- The decision of the Judges is to be respected. Players breaking the rules get a total of 3 warnings before being disqualified from the tournament entirely. Judges may disqualify a player without warnings if their behaviour is deemed to be completely out of order (e.g. racism).
- When awaiting judges' decision (as soon as his opponent requests arbitration), the host must remove the turn timer and may need to revert turns to come back to the situation existing prior to the issue being judged.
- Players must play with the latest official version of the game (no beta). If the official version is updated during the tournament, players must update to it as soon as it is released both on GoG and Steam (and turn timer must be removed while waiting for the GoG release).
- If you feel one of the rules had been broken, but you carry on playing without reporting to the judges, then you have no recourse.
The main judge is Markymark.
Assistant judges are: Hiliadan and Fistandantilus.
When arbitration is necessary:
- If 1 or 2 of the judges are involved in the game which needs arbitration, the 3rd judge should name two temporary judges to replace them for this arbitration;
- The players should both send their latest saved game to the judges (saved game can be found here in Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\My Games\AoW3\Profiles\[profile name]\PBEM) by email or any other means
- The arbitration will be taken at the majority of the 3 judges and the decision taken is definitive. If one player refuses it, he is disqualified.